Tuesday, February 17, 2015

NAOMI DAY


"I press my forehead against the window and breathe on the glass..."

Okay, so it's not actually Naomi's birthday. But today is pretty close runner up.
Today is  UNRAVEL's first pub birthday. Which seems crazy to me. I feel like this last past year has been a big blur. Really great things have happened. All because of this book and because of the readers.




Leading up the release of Unravel was nothing but anxiety and fears that her story wouldn't be accepted. I knew a story like Naomi's was non-existent in the Indie World. There was no one category that it fit into. It wasn't New Adult. Certainly wasn't contemporary. Suspense or thriller? I didn't know.
Publishing is a game of Russian Roulette. The minute you send the book out in the world is the second that you resign yourself to fact that your beloved story may do great.
Or really, really bad.
But Naomi's story was embraced. People started talking about it, spreading the word. Dissecting the story, going back and re-reading to find the truth in her words.
And to see that was amazing.

Seven years ago I was prowling through the bookshelves. I would stop in the R section, right next to Nora Roberts' books, and envision one of my books there.
In August, I got to actually see that happen. Thanks to you, the reader. A really phenomenal agent that saw it's potential, and amazing team at Ballantine!












Turkish Version of UNRAVEL—Published by Yabancı Yayınları. 




"Listen closely. Hang onto every word. But most of all, please believe me." 

I get a lot of questions about UNTANGLE. This book is separate from Naomi's. Although you did meet Victoria in Naomi's book. I WANT to say more, but just like Naomi's story, I'm keeping my lips zipped. :)
Something I can talk a little bit about? The cover. I've seen it and LOVE it. I can't wait for it to be revealed. The picture chosen for the cover is 100% Victoria and fits her story perfectly.

And we can't forget Lachlan. He does have a story, and it's definitely not a retelling of Unravel. His book will pick up where we left off in Unravel, give or take a few months.
I've outlined and worked on a few chapters here or there. Just from those few scenes, I can see that Unravel was just scratching the surface... ;)


1 comment:

  1. Yes! I am so excited. I want more of Naomi, even if she isn't the main character. It'll be weird seeing her in someone else's point of view and her as a secondary character.

    ReplyDelete