Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!




It’s time for that exciting news I’ve mentioned.
It’s actually a miracle that I’ve kept my mouth shut for this long.

It’s been a whirlwind since UNRAVEL released. I was terrified to publish Naomi’s story.  I didn’t know how people would take UNRAVEL. You read the book, and you spread the word. You all embraced these interesting characters. It’s been an amazing six weeks.

But lets back up a week before I released UNRAVEL and I signed with Amy Tannenbaum from the Jane Rotrosen Agency.

This was the first holy-crap-is–this-happening-moment?!

If you know anything about me, it’s that I’ve been hesitant to sign with an agent. But Amy is the real deal. She’s made this experience so exciting. She’s enthusiastic and really believed in Naomi’s story and never stops working. No, I’m not exaggerating. She really works around the clock!

Now that leads me to my second holy-crap-is-this-happening-moment?!

I’m so happy to announce that I signed a TWO-book deal with Random House.

Can we all let that sink in for a moment?

Random House.

I keep waiting for the shock to wear off, but it hasn’t.
This is so much more than a book deal for me.

I look past the cover and words of UNRAVEL and see the moment six years ago where I first pictured Naomi staring out of the window. Or when I timidly sent my older sister chapters.

I stack those moments one on top of the other. And they’ve all led to this.

I’m also so excited to be working with Linda Marrow from Random House. She too saw potential in UNRAVEL.

So what does this all mean? It’s nothing but good, you guys. The e-book price for UNRAVEL is remaining at 2.99 (http://amzn.to/1kp7cyb) . Which is FANTASTIC!

I know you all have been wanting to see UNRAVEL in bookstores and I’m excited to say that it will be coming your way August 26th.

What is the second book? I can’t really say right now. But you haven’t seen the last of the Fairfax characters. They have a lot to say... So does a certain love interest in Naomi’s life.

I want to say thank you to every single person who gave UNRAVEL a try. I read all your messages and comments. I see your UNRAVEL collages and I’m floored and so, so, so grateful.  

Tschüss!
Calia  

17 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That is such WONDERFUL news!! I am so happy for you! Gah!!! Congratulations! I can't wait for more readers to read this story! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that's amazing news. Congratulations on all your success. Unravel truly was an amazing book xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you deserve it.Loved unravel.Still trying to process it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news! Congratulations. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! Congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Congratulations. this is amazing and so deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very well deserved praise :) I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!! You are a very talented author <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news! Congrats <3 <3 Just the start of big things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great news! I am so excited for the second part. I hoped this would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!! cannot wait for the 2nd book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!! Then again we knew that already! Congrats and Love from Dana and Dalton!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's fabulous news and it's so well-deserved. <3

    ReplyDelete