Monday, January 16, 2017

2017



At the start of every new year, I like to give an update on what I'm writing on. This is always one of my favorite things to blog about; all the stories that I've been working on I finally get to let out into the book world. Well, details. Not all of it. :)


 I'm happy to say that I finished my 'secret book'.

I've been calling it my secret book for awhile. It has a title but I haven't said it yet. Guys, I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH. Words can't describe how obsessed I am with the characters and the meaning behind the book. It challenged me as a writer and while that can sometimes be stressful (okay. A LOT stressful) it's also incredibly gratifying. My heart was pumping as I got closer and closer to the end. Even though I knew what would happen I still questioned if the characters would make a 180 on me.

This story is different from what I typically write. I love romance, but I needed a break. There's only so many sex scenes you can write before it becomes a bit redundant. :)
Is all romance gone from this book? NO! It's threaded throughout, but this story is purely a psychological thriller.

I've been consumed with this book for a while and now that it's done I can't wait for everyone to read it. I'm still in shock that it's finished. I keep thinking about Selah (the main character) and everything that happens. I think it's because my favorite kind of characters to write about are the ones that are unreliable and broken. The ones that you can never figure out. And Selah is no exception.

I'll be saying this probably a thousand times before this book releases: I can't wait for you all to read this story!!



LACHLAN'S BOOK!
I don't have many books that are sequels. But it's safe to say that you absolutely have to read UNRAVEL to understand Lachlan's story. This book has been a long time coming and I have to say, I kind of like it that way. I've been able to think of the storyline without rushing and because of that the story grew organically.
Opening up his manuscript is kind of like meeting up with a close friend that you haven't seen in ages— we picked up right where we left off!
All the questions that remained at the end of UNRAVEL will be answered in this story.


Reagan's story:
You met Reagan in UNHINGE. I have loved her from the start. Her whit and lack of empathy are both refreshing and alarming. She says and does things that most people with a conscience wouldn't dare dream of.
I'm going to take my time with her story because I knew when her character came to life that she, out of all the characters, had the most twisted past.


I'm really excited about these projects and I hope you are to!


-Calia

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about all of this. It makes me happy to know that we are getting new books from you!!!! I want all the words. Cannot wait for Lachlan, and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting Selah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to read Selah's story!! Figure Eight is my most favorite story!

      Delete
  2. How exciting!! I can't wait for your new books. I absolutely loved your fairfax series and I am very interested in ARCs for an honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so so beyond thrilled and ready to read all of these!

    ReplyDelete