Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Breaking the Wrong Teaser

I've been REALLY hush, hush with Breaking the Wrong teasers.
But I'm determined to make up for it and start giving you more and more teasers! Promise! I swear!

~


I’ve been light on my feet with a giant smile on my face for the past day. But my smile starts to waver because my enemy is a six foot four male that looks ready to attack. I keep a smile on my face, but it’s only to hide the fear that’s racing through my body.
            Macsen drops his bag onto the table with a loud thud and narrows his eyes at me.
            “Hello,” I say with forced cheerfulness. Macsen says nothing as I observe him. “You seem upset.”
            “Oh, I am.” Macsen’s palms settle on the table and he leans closer with a smirk on his face. I smell that clean scent and something twitches in my belly. His light green eyes are filled with speculation as he watches my face.
             “Why are you mad?”
            “Maybe I’m mad because I missed my appointment with Professor Woodell or maybe that I listened to you and now I won’t be able to get another appointment with Woodell for a month because to quote her: ‘If I can’t keep an appointment, then she can’t see me until I learn how to tell time.’”
            That last part makes me smirk. Macsen tilts his head to the side. “You think it’s funny?”
            I shrug my shoulders. “No.”
            “You’re smiling.”
            “Am I?”
            “Why did you lie?” He questions.
            “Didn’t think you’d believe me.” I try to say sincerely.  
            “Okay,” he says with a shrug.
“Okay?” I ask suspiciously.
He walks my to my side of the table and I feel panic. “What are you doing?”
            His bag lands on the table and he looks down at me. “Do I always have to sit on the opposite side of you?”
            “Yes.”
            “Well, I want to change things up. Do something different today.”
            I don’t like it. Macsen sits down and he’s already way too close. His knee brushes against mine underneath the table, and I instantly try to scoot away. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! cannot wait!!! thanks for the teaser Calia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I can't wait for this book! Great job on this teaser by the way :)

    ReplyDelete